General Product Questions
- Do you have online ordering?Panels are not currently available for purchasing online. Please call 800.525.4159 between 8-5 central time, Monday – Friday to order.
All of our other items are now available for online purchase. Please visit the Products tab on our website or visit our online Shop to order.
- How much do the panels weigh?7′ x 38.5″ Original Pro Panels weigh 14 lbs. The 30″ wide is 11lbs. KD Pro Panels weigh 12.5 to 17 lbs. per complete unit (upper and lower sections plus hardware).
- How do the panels hook together?Each panel comes with two of our special strap fasteners attached. You simply wrap this strap around the tubular leg of two adjoining panels and pull it tight. This allows you to position the panels at any angle you wish.
- Can one panel stand alone?No, you must have at least two panels positioned at an angle.
- How do I hang art work on the panels?Drapery hooks, which hook right into the display surface are good for lightweight pieces (stretched canvases, small frames). Please use these with caution, as they can leave puckered marks on the surface. Our Hanger Kit and Cable Hanger are designed for heavier pieces and will hold up to 50 lbs per hook.
- What is your most popular color?Light Grey and Dark Grey are our top sellers.
- Are your panels double sided?Yes, our panels have usable display space on the front and back. The backside of the panel has the seam slightly offset from the side and a small label at the bottom.
- Why do the panel widths add up to less than 10' on your booth setups?When setting up under a tent, you need the panels to be slightly shorter than 10′ so they’ll fit between the legs of the canopy.
- How much weight can a panel support?Provided you have your panels set up in a stable configuration and you’re using the appropriate hanger (Cable Hangers and Hanger Kits can both hold up to 50 lbs per hook), a panel can support a couple hundred pounds..
- Do you send color samples in the mail?Yes, we have a catalog with small samples of each color. Email us your address and we will send you one free of charge.
- Do you accept Purchase Orders?We do accept POs from schools and government agencies. Please call or email to have us set up as an approved vendor.
- What are your hours?We are open from 8-5 Monday thru Friday, CST.
- What is your return policy?Any regular merchandise may be returned within 30 days from the ship date. Returned items could be subject to a 20% restocking fee and must be received in new, unused condition. Original shipping charges will not be refunded and the customer is responsible for making their own return shipping arrangements. Payment will be refunded in the same manner as the original purchase was made. After 30 days, please contact Pro Panels to see if the product is eligible for a refund.
Custom Orders: All sales are final on custom orders. No returns, refunds or exchanges will be accepted on custom items.
What products should I order?
- What's the difference between Original Pro Panels and KD Pro Panels?Original Pro Panels are one piece panels that come in three heights , 6′ (77″), 7′ & 8′. The Original Pro Panels are shipped via a freight carrier. KD (Knock Down) and Space Saver (SS) Pro Panels are two piece panels that have an upper and lower section. KDs are available in 6′, 7′ & 8′ heights. 30″ wide Knock Downs as well as all widths of Space Savers can ship via UPS. 38.5″ wide Knock Downs must ship via a freight carrier.
- What's the difference between Knock Down Panels and Space Saver Panels?Knock Downs and Space Savers both break apart in the middle (top and bottom) but the Space Savers were designed specifically to be able to ship the 38.5″ width via UPS. To be able to do that, you sacrifice a little display height (5.5′ of display area). The Knock Down Panels (6′, 7′ & 8′) have more display space, but the 38.5″ width can only ship via a freight carrier.
- What is the difference between 6' and 7' Original Pro Panels if the cost is the same?The covers on our 6′ and 7′ Original Pro Panels are identical. The legs on the 7′ are just longer at the bottom, placing the selling area more at eye level. 6′ panels are primarily used by artists doing mall shows, where there is a height restriction, or by someone with a smaller vehicle that won’t handle the 7′ panels. Eye level selling space is prime real estate! You are at a show to sell your work. Use that space wisely.
- What do stiffeners do?Stiffeners are a strengthening device to help keep panels rigid. They fit over the top of two panels at the joint. They are made from a piece of channel steel with a hole in the top for the 2 adjoining posts to slide through. The channel is then pushed over the top of the 2 panels. The stiffener is about 9″ long and powder coated silver vein.
- What are support bars and banner bars used for and how are they different?Support bars are the best way to stabilize your panels. They telescope to differing lengths and have a thumb screw to tighten them. At each end is a short tube that will fit around a leg at the top of the panel. Banner bars are very similar. Instead of short tubes on the end that attach to the panel tops, they have an 8″ tall tube that raises them above the top of the panels. Banner Bars are good for signage or track lighting. Banner Bars are also best for the 6′ Pro Panels or KD Pro Panels because the tops of the 6′ panels are about 75″ (6’3″). If your use a long support bar, for instance, tall customers must duck or hit their head. The banner bar provides additional head room.
- What if I already have a Pro Panel system and want to add shelves?
Our Quick Shelf is easy to use can be added to your panels at any time. It comes with a set of brackets that wrap around either side of the panel and utilizes the weight of the shelf itself to stay in place. They hold up to 25 lbs each.
The Ladder Shelving system is made from the same pipe the panel frames are made from and are powder coated in a silver vein finish. You attach the ladders to the panels with the Velcro straps that are included on the panels. The shelves push down onto one of the 9 ladder rungs, resting between 2 ladders. The shelves have specials grooves cut into the bottom so they sit on the rungs and stabilize the unit. If you wanted to have 2 panels with this shelving system, next to each other you would only need to buy 3 of the ladders. (see pictures on shelving page for details and examples.)
Please note, the Quick Shelves and Ladder Shelves are made differently and are not interchangeable.
- I bought my panels used from another artist. How do I confirm which color I have?While the color samples online are helpful, the best way to know for sure is to request a catalog be mailed to you, which includes the physical color samples. Or if you know the name of the person you bought them from we can try to look them up in our system to see what they bought.
- Do you offer sales or discounts?Over the years, we’ve been approached many times by distributors hoping to sell our panels. We’ve stayed true to our policy of selling direct to the public to avoid additional mark up charges and keep the prices as low as possible. By continuing to stay efficient in our operations, we’ve been able to avoid unnecessary price increases as material costs rise. We’re often asked about discounts or promotions on our product. Because we don’t pad our prices in order to give the illusion of a good deal, we don’t offer sales or discounted rates. That means you can always feel confident when purchasing from us that you’re getting your panels at the lowest possible cost.
- How much do the panels cost?Our best selling panel is $120. It takes 9 of these to do the perimeter of a 10″ x 10″ booth. With stiffeners, support bars and freight, the cost is about $1400 for a booth. Of course, you can design booths much more creatively than just a perimeter wall. Prices for panels range from $105 to $225 each.
- Which forms of payment do you accept?We accept Master Card, VISA, American Express and Discover credit cards. You may also pay by check or PayPal.
- What is your lead time?To get a definite answer on how long it will take to produce your order please give us a call at 800-525-4159, to check on our current production schedule. Custom orders can take a little more time than standard items. General lead time on carpeted items is 2-3 weeks, but if you have a show coming up sooner please call us; We have an excellent record of making things happen on a tight time frame. Non-carpeted items such as hangers are typically in stock and can ship the next business day. For small package shipments, there are expedited shipping options available.
- Do you sell used panels?We do not typically have used panels for sale. If for any reason we end up with seconds, we post them on the Garage Sale page listed under the “More” tab. Your best bet for finding used panels is to look on ArtFairInsiders.com. We link to their forum on the “More” tab as well under “Trading Post”.
- How do you ship?
•Small items such as hangers ship either US Mail or UPS. If you order these items along with panels, we will ship everything together.
•Items such as Shelving, Desks, Print Bins and Pedestals ship UPS Ground. All Space Saver panels as well as 30″ wide Knock Down panels can ship UPS as well. If you order a full booth of panels, it may be more cost effective to ship via a freight carrier. Please call more information.
• All Original Pro Panels as well as 38.5″ wide Knock Down panels ship via a freight carrier. Minimum weights apply, so we recommend ordering these items in larger groups vs. 1 or 2 at a time. We can ship you 1 panel, but it’s the same cost to ship as a full booth.
Unless otherwise specified, all freight shipments will be set up as a standard, curbside delivery (addresses with a loading dock will be delivered to the dock). Additional services can be requested at an increased cost. Please let us know when ordering if you’ll need the shipment delivered up to the door, into a garage, up a long driveway, etc. A delivery appointment will be made for all residential freight deliveries.
- How do I clean my panels?If you want to stand your panels up and hose them down, that is perfectly safe. Just make sure you leave them out long enough to dry all the way through. For spot cleaning, most biodegradable cleaners like Simple Green, LOC or NOW will clean out most spots. Spot removers like 2KR will take out greasy spots. We find that blowing with air from an air compressor cleans out the dust from shows the best.
- Can I carry Pro Panels unprotected on top of my car or truck?We don’t recommend doing this. The wind will distort the fabric and bugs are hard to get off. If you still decide to transport them this way, make sure to cover them with a tarp to protect them from the wind and dirt. It is not imperative that you protect them from rain since the panels dry out quickly.
- Will rain or sun hurt the panels?The cover is polypropylene, which is a plastic material and won’t mildew if it gets wet, and drains out in about one hour. Rain won’t hurt the foam and the steel is galvanized. The only thing that might rust is the weld. The material won’t fade in the sun, but it will soften, so don’t use them in the direct sunlight without a canopy if you plan to use drapery hooks to hang your work. The material will get stiff in cool and cold weather. Avoid storing your panels in a hot car. The heat generated in a hot car can reach 140 or 150 degrees and will warp the foam. The cover is very durable, won’t rip, and is easy to clean.
- How long will my panels last?You should be able to do hundreds of shows with them, unless you are hard on equipment. Handle them reasonably and they will serve your for a long time.
- Can I replace the covers?Yes, for Original Pro Panels. Consider selling your old panels and replacing them with new ones. There is a good market for used panels. The cost of a cover is about one-half the cost of a new panel. It takes two people and some strength to take off the old covers and replace them. If you want to sell your used panels, visit our User Forum.